This morning's run was great.
The first few minutes into the run with the first random song from my playlist, ("Blow" by Ke$ha) and I'm feeling like I'm the star of my own movie- and it's a very cool movie about overcoming insurmountable odds, being a champion of the city, and looking great doing it. (That's how my run music makes ME feel anyway, don't know about you.)
So anyway, my pace was great and I felt great. Especially after running through several industrial-grade sprinklers and getting sufficiently cooled off! The first pass through the sprinklers was nice, but on the return trip coming back, I realized my iPhone on my left arm was in direct line-of-sight with the sprinkler sprays. I kept going anyway, figuring the neoprene armband and window + my hand over the top would be sufficient blockage. But shortly after that, my Nike+ app (tracking my run) started going crazy. I was really worried I had gotten some water damage to my phone after all, but it seems to be okay. I guess next time I need to actually dodge the sprinklers instead of enjoying them. :(
After I got home, showered, and left for work, I started noticing how tender my low back was feeling. I've had low back pain for a long, long time. Most days its very mild, but other days it hurts just to bend over the sink to brush my teeth. Today's pain was starting to feel much worse than that. In the morning, the pain was highly focused, like I could put the tip of my finger on the spot that hurt. By the time I got home from work, my whole low back area kept me from twisting or turning very much. I'm still at that state now, and I'm really hoping a good night's sleep will relieve a lot of it. Tomorrow is a non-run day, but I'm supposed to run 5 miles on Sunday.
I have no idea what I did to my low back, but in hindsight, I might have aggravated a disc when I was running through the sprinklers, twisting and bending over while running trying to avoid getting my phone wet. I don't know- its a working theory at best. I do know that strange pains and ailments just seem to happen during long distance training. Its just one of those things about this sport!


No comments:
Post a Comment