A lot of us runners track our runs with the Nike+ app on our phones (especially my CRU runners who are a competitive bunch!) I started tracking my runs in early 2012 when my wife bought me the Nike+ GPS Sportwatch for my birthday. Since then, my Nike+ account has logged nearly every single run I've gone on. It has completely revolutionized running for me, giving me quantified data I never had before and couldn't imagine not having now.
In fact, if my watch or phone isn't sufficiently charged, I won't run. (And once my phone died mid-run. I would've quit right then if I didn't have to get back home.)
Tonight was my 2nd run after injuring my back two weeks ago. I ran just 2 miles on Monday and knew I could've gone more but didn't want to push it my first time back. Today was that little extra push, and things were feeling great. I've been working with a PT specialist, but I think the main medicine that's helped me has been just good old-fashioned rest. I'm not excited about being two weeks behind schedule for my December 8th marathon, but the most important thing is that I'm feeling good. And I'm early enough in my training to still be able to tweak the schedule a bit and continue to progress steadily.
I'm anxious to see who will be my first donor for India and for how much! Will it be you? :)



No comments:
Post a Comment